Wednesday, December 21, 2016

From Shopaholic to Minimalist


*Actual photo of me trying to get dressed*


With 2017 around the corner, I got to thinking about how I could improve my spending. With the idea of starting a family on my mind, I decided it was time to grow up, and start saving my money, or at least using it in more responsible ways (i.e. getting a regular oil change...oops). So starting January 1st, I will no longer buy any clothes!

It is going to be very hard for me, as I am very much a self diagnosed shopaholic.  I used to not make very much money, but always loved fashion. So when I finally found a job that paid well and gave me a creative outlet (and tons of discounts), I feel like I got a little overzealous. But, I feel with the right motivation, support, and this blog to keep me accountable, I can make it through the year without buying more than new underwear. Before I start this journey, I know I'll spend the last week of this year shopping sales to just make sure I'm getting every last bit of shopping out and filling any hole I feel I have in my closet (three striped shirts isn't enough right?), but after that, I'm done. Cold turkey.

I'm going to use this as an outlet to vent when I feel frustrated with my clothes, grieve a sweater I thought I couldn't live without, and challenge myself to create new and comfortable looks with the 84 pieces I already have in my wardrobe.

Wish me luck!

XO, Harley


No comments:

Post a Comment